Start your week off right with our #MondayMotivation workouts. Each week, we’ll bring you a different workout to help you switch up your training.
Today’s #MondayMotivation workout focuses on increasing strength, building muscle, burning fat, and improving your cardiovascular system.
Focus on Form
As you progress through the workout, you’ll have an elevated heart rate, and may even become exhausted. Make sure that you’re focusing on completing each rep with proper form and adjust the workout as needed. This will help you:
- Prevent injury.
- Breathe efficiently.
- Waste less energy.
- Get the most out of each exercise.
- Hit your personal fitness goals.
At any point, you can modify these movements to make the workout more or less challenging. For example, instead of flipping the tire for 10 reps, flip the tire for 1 minute. On the other hand, don’t be afraid to decrease the weight, take a breather, or decrease the tempo if the movements become too difficult.
Modifying the workout creates excitement while you push yourself to the limit.
You’ll need a medicine ball, barbell, battle ropes, a tire, and sliders. If you don’t have this equipment available, make do with what you have.
- Medicine ball alternative: Any ball will work.
- Battle rope alternative: Shoulder taps in a plank position.
- Barbell alternative: Walking lunges without a weight, increasing the number of reps if it’s too easy.
- Tire alternative: Burpees.
- Sliders alternative: Try paper plates (at home), or medium-sized gym towels (at home or the gym).
Complete for a total of 6 rounds, with 1 minute of rest in between rounds:
- Barbell walking lunges – 20 reps
- Burpee to med-ball slam – 10 reps
- Battle ropes – 30-60 seconds
- Single alternating med-ball push-up – 10 reps
- Tire flips – 10 reps
- Knee tucks with sliders – 30-60 seconds
Share this workout with a friend and start your week off on the right note! Let’s go!